-->

Jake

Jake
Right before the rug was pulled out from beneath us!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boston

Jake enjoyed his first experience flying, He looked out the window and pointed out lighthouses on the way. Jenni on the other hand, decided planes are not her friend. We landed safely, Jake and Jenni experienced their first ride in a taxi, and then we ate at a resturant called Jacob Wirth for lunch. Jake's request because of the name. Jake has been sleeping since we checked into the room.  It's funny that he LOVES history. Here we are in Boston, so close to so many historical sites and he isn't well enough to visit them. He is 18. He should be out seeing the sites... not sleeping.    Bill & Jenni have gone for a walk. They are looking for something for dinner.It is a struggle to find take out low in sodium. The Hotel is beautiful however, it does not have a refrigerator. So it looks like we will be eating out a lot.  I did bring Jake some snacks for the plane trip. He was not impressed with my low sodium choices, but he ate them.
I'm trying to stay sane.  Right now, as he sleeps, and Jenni & Bill are out for a walk, I am here with nothing else to do but think of why we are here. I'm scared, anxious, and thankful.  I just want them to put the ICD in so I won't have to worry so much. I jokingly say it is his ICD security blanket. Really I think it is mine. I know that little box is going to keep his heart beating. I can't wait for it to be implanted. However, I don't want to think about the discomfort he will be in after.
I know we are here to start the road to him getting better... so that is what I will focus on. Getting my little boy better.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you....I hope after this you all are on the road to recovery & can enjoy instead of worry.....Love ya Cindy

    ReplyDelete