-->

Jake

Jake
Right before the rug was pulled out from beneath us!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't Stop Believing!

Ok Sing it with me... "Some will win, some will lose ...Some were born to sing the blues ...Oh, the movie never ends .....It goes on and on and on and on...."  Because Jake came out of surgery singing Don't Stop Believing, when I heard Journey was coming to town in Septemeber.... I HAD to buy tickets.... Right? How could I not? 

My goal is to keep Jake busy this summer. Get him out of the house, up and moving. He still takes a nap every day .. sometime two.... Today he seriously slept most of the day...He is also still gaining weight... umm...yeah, NOT GOOD! Tonight we got him in the pool and tried to persuade him into doing water aerobics....but yeah .. he wasn't feeling it...  He did stay moving, so it's a start.

I love the old saying laughter is the best medicine. It got me thinking, ( yes sometimes, even , i do)  so we took Jake to his first comedy club show at Sidesplitters.  He thought it was hilarious and laughed throughout the entire show.  He has been staying busy going to his friend's houses... and he has only had one rough day dealing with the depression. I have to say I am really impressed with Jake's friends. Lee, Clayton, Ryne, Taylor and Joey are just amazing, great kids that have really been there for Jake to help him through all of this.

For Jennifer's 16th birthday we went to Disney Quest. I worried that it would be too much for Jake.  I thought for sure he would be too exhausted to enjoy the day or want to leave so he could take a nap.  However ... I am very happy to report that Jake did awesome.  He went up and down the stairs with no problem at all, no shortness of breath.... WOOHOO! We walked around Downtown Disney. The kids made light sabers at Once Upon a Toy.  (as soon as I typed that a deep voice in the back of my head was saying... may the FORCE be with you! ... you can admit it.. you thought it too! LOL ) The only time he let on that he was tired was when we stopped for lunch and he asked Jenn to fill his drink so he didn't have to get up... and he zonked out on the ride home.
 

Next week,  Jake will be presenting an award to the man who made it possible for us to fly to Boston. We are working on a slide show for the presentation. Lots to look forward to.  Keeping our heads held high and enjoying life, because life is short... and unpredictable.

1 comment: